Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Paper craft project no. 449: The sun will rise


We have a brand new challenge at Time Out. For the next couple of weeks, it's the Inspired by Words challenge. Here's the inspiration: Wherever you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own sunshine (Anthony J. D'Angelo)

I took my cue from "sunshine" and created a CAS card with real layers! I die-cut the panel (CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle die) then stamped the image and sentiment (New Beginning) on it. I love the stylized scene and I colored it with Zig Clean Color brushes and Aqua Markers. I felt something was missing so I decided to stamp the birds (Trendy Birds 2) at a slant across the panel. Then I simply stuck the panel on my card base with foam tape. Not a card in my usual style -- I actually got a headache while making this card haha! -- but I'm quite happy with how it turned out :o)

Check out the cards the team + guest designer Sue made and then link up your own project inspired by the quote. We can't wait to see your creations!

Linking up to these fun challenges:
  


Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to smile :o)

Card ingredients
Inks: VersaFine, Zig Clean Color, Crafter's Companion Aqua Markers
STAMPlorations Stamps and CUTplorations Dies:
preview-DeesArtsyImpressions-NewBeginning  preview-SheryRuss_TrendyBirds24x6  preview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectangle

16 comments:

  1. You have the perfect stamps for this theme! Such a gorgeous card and great coloring! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sentiment and your coloring is gorgeous Shery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The diagonal line of birds flying over your sunrise image are a perfect addition to a great card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sentiment is fab and I adore the added birds...and you know I love that funky die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully, you've recovered from your headache because this is awesome and so indicative of the inspiration words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shery. Pretty CAS card ... definitely not your usual style, but so beautiful and perfectly CAS. :) LOVE the challenge this week at Time Out and hope to play along. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see a different style and it's worked so beautifully. Loving the movement in your card from the birds and the colouring is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry this gave you a headache, Shery! I love that vibrant scene with the birds flying overhead! And that die is going on my wish list! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Shery...I Love your layered, beautifully colored and Die Cut border card. Your stenciled birds were the perfect final touch. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Think this one is so beautiful! Love the bright colours and CAS-design and the stiches that gives it just enough movement! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card... love your coloring...so thoughtful..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you got a headache making this, but it came out beautiful! I love the image and those birds really were the perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Shery this is brilliant! Vibrant, CAS simply stunning!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. This set is at the top of my STAMPlorations wish list, Shery ... you've showcased it beautifully! Such a gorgeous scene, fabulous with the birds winging their way across it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! Perfect in every way. Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? If you'd like to share, share it with a smile, please :o) Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...